Pages

July 14, 2012

Welcome Back!

Hello all my fabulous crafters and welcome back to Scrappin N Style! I am so happy to have you all here to share in the exciting relaunch. For those of you who have been followers thank you for continuing to visit the blog and hanging in there with me. For all of you who are new to the blog, thank you for stopping by and make sure to check out past posts for some amazing crafting inspiration.


And now to begin the festivities I have some exciting news to share! In the June issue of Cricut magazine you will find my first ever publication! I can not tell you how excited I was when I first saw it. It was an amazing feeling. The card is a mermaid birthday card I created a while back using the Life Is A Beach and Wall Decor and More cartridges. And to double the excitement I had my second publication in the July issue! Want to win your very own copies of both??? Check out the end of the post to find out how.


June & July Issues of Cricut Magaznines

Mermaid Birthday Card June Issue

4th of July Card July Issue







Today's project is a pair of stair step cards I made with the Create a Critter cartridge. I love the stair step cards because it gives you so much dimension. The first one is a circus theme. Along with the Create a Critter cartridge, I used a large dot stamp inked with various colors to stamp the background, markers to shade the die cuts, and Stickles.



The second card is an under the sea theme. I used embossing folders and Distress Inks to create texture on the castle and the octopus. Then I sprayed the entire card with turquoise Perfect Pearl Mist for that under water effect. I'm not totally happy with the stamped sentiment I used, but the card still turned out pretty cute.

Photos Out For Publication!

As a big thank you for stopping by to check out the relaunch of the blog today, I'm going to give one lucky person copies of the June and July editions of Cricut magazine! Just leave a comment below and The winner will be announced on the last day of the relaunch event. Thanks again for stopping by. Don't forget to check out the blog every day this week for more creativity and inspiration and maybe a surprise or two!

7 comments:

  1. These cards are fabulous. Congrats on being published!! I'm already a follower, albeit a little new:-) TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards, Amy!!! And congrats again on your publications!! You know we at SE are so proud of you!!{hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS btw, your blog looks great!! I'm having my blog redone right now I'm on a waiting list, cannot hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your relaunch. Looks like you're off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. Best of luck to ya on the relaunch!
    If you don't like the sentiment part of the card just removee it and try something else. It will make you happier. :) It might be as simple as putting a blue layer under the white saying part. Give it a go.
    Happy crafting
    dmcardmaker (at aol dot com)
    (email follower)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the redesign! Go, Amy, go!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grats on getting published Amy! And the blog is looking good as well!

    ReplyDelete