Pages

July 17, 2012

Trendy Tuesday

Welcome back all my fabulous crafters! Today is Trendy Tuesday!  Another new feature on the blog. It seems like there are always so many new things coming out; new products, new techniques and new ways to use old things. So each week we will feature a few popular trends and/or techniques to help you keep up in the ever changing crafting world.

This week I wanted to talk about patterns. The chevron pattern has become extremely popular lately. You can find it on papers from Pink Paislee
Simple Stories
and My Minds Eye
along with a lot of others. You can also find them in stamping (Hero Arts and Lawn Fawn), masks (Studio Calico), and decorative tape (My Minds Eye).

   

It's a fun and easy to create pattern. Here's my chevron inspired card. The papers are from Heidi Swapp's Sugar Chic Collection and the stamps are by Lawn Fawn.


I hope you enjoyed Trendy Tuesday. Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think about chevron patterns or share a link to your chevron inspired project. One lucky person's creation will be featured next week in the Trendy Tuesday post. Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget about the Sunday Style Challenge, entries are due by Friday for your chance to win!




4 comments:

  1. Hey Amy, that certainly has become a popular trend! Here is a link to a project I did a couple of weeks ago and on that post is a link to a technique to fold a chevron "border" it's pretty cool! http://natalie-embracinghisgrace.blogspot.com/2012/07/pinwheel-gift-bag-key-ingredient.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card - I still haven't got round to using this chevron papers yet. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done. TFS.
    dmcardmaker (at aol dot com)
    (email follower)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Chevrons! I think I need to find that studio calico template. :)

    ReplyDelete