Pages

July 15, 2012

Sunday Style Challenge

Welcome to day 2 of the Scrappin N Style blog relaunch! I hope you enjoyed yesterday's post. If you missed it be sure to go back and check it out for your chance to win the June and July issues of Cricut magazine featuring my first card publications! Today I want to introduce a new feature to the blog, that I'm hoping to make a weekly event. Please welcome the Sunday Style Challenge! Each Sunday I will post an inspiration pic along with a couple of guidelines and you will have until the following Friday to submit your tag, card or layout by leaving me a link in the comments section. Then the following Saturday I will announce that weeks winner and their creation will be featured in that days post.

So are you ready? Are you set? Then here is you first challenge! Create a card, tag or scrapbook page inspired by the picture below, think pinks and grays. Since this blog is all about style make sure your submission has lots! Think Fashion, New York, Paris, trendy stuff!


Here is my card for the challenge. I created it with the Le Tres Chic stack from Die Cuts With a View (the Paris picture is even part of one of their papers). These papers are so pretty and definitely full of style. The Butterfly is a Unity stamp that I inked with Distress Ink and the quote is from a Tim Holtz stamp set. I love pink and gray together and I was dying to use these papers!


I can't wait to see all your creations! Don't forget you only have until Friday to submit your fabulous creation and the winner will be announced on Saturday, the last day of the relaunch event. Since this is the first week for the Sunday style challenge I will be picking 3 winners to receive goodie bags, one of which will include a Cricut cartridge. Make sure to leave the link to your submission below in the comments. Good luck and see you tomorrow!



7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun challenge, I'm game!! Your card is definitely ooh-la-la!! Very pretty papers and I like your design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! The colors are perfect.
    I am new to the blog scene and wondered about challenges.
    When you ask for us to link up our picture do we need to have a blog to do that?
    If not how do we do it?
    Thanks
    dmcardmaker (at aol.com)
    (email follower)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can link to a blog or any f the online galleries like Two Peas in a Bucket, Scrapbook.com or Splitcoast Stampers. You can also use sites like Photobucket or Flickr .

      Delete
  3. thanks for a awesome challenge. here is my entry.

    http://craftingwithblue.blogspot.com/2012/07/paris-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my entry, Amy!
    http://natalie-embracinghisgrace.blogspot.com/2012/07/a-stylin-relaunch-with-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the inspiration,unfortunately time has gotten away from me this week, I even had an image of New York ready to go. Never mind I will get to use it another time. Thanks again.

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete