Pages

July 18, 2012

Card Crazy

Hello all my wonderful crafters! Are you enjoying the relaunch of the blog? I am having a blast with it. Thank you for joining in the fun this week. Today is all about cards. Every Wednesday I will be sharing new card creations with you. This week I'm featuring easel cards. These are so fun because it's such a unique way to display the card and give it dimension.


The first one is very girly and cheerful. I used the Tim Holtz Mini Butterflies die, the Nestabilities beaded ovals, and Nestabilities big scalloped ovals. For the backgrouond pieces I inked the cardstock with Ditress Inks and then sprayed it with Perfect Pearls Mist. I embossed it after it dried with my Cuttlebug and the D'Vine Swirl embossing folder.





The second card is a more masculine card. I think masculine cards are teh biggest challenge for me, but I do like how this one came out. I used the Tim Holtz Gadget Gears die and the Steampunk embossing folder. I used Distress Inks on the cardstock like the first card but without the shimmer. To give the gears a more metal look I sprinkled a mixture of black and silver embossing powders until I achieved the look I was going for. The stamps are by Ippity, which you can find on the Unity Stamp Co. website.




I hope today's post gave you some great ideas for easel cards of your own. If you want to share them leave me a link in the comments to your card and who knows it might be featured on the blog next week. Thanks again for stopping by and  hope to see you tomorrow. We will be wrapping up the relaunch event this Saturday so make sure you read all the previous posts for your chances to win some fun prizes.

5 comments:

  1. I'm having internet issues today so I hope this comment goes through!
    Your butterfly card is so pretty! Thanks for sharing the easel technique, it's really cool! I definitely need to improve my "guy" card stash, thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great cards - love the first one - I always forget I have the misting spray. And the masculine card is great. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your cards.
    Do you use Perfect Pearl mist that is already made or do yo make your own? If you make your own can you share your receipe? TFS.
    dmcardmaker (at aol dot com)
    (email follower)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't make my own, but I know you can. If you use a Mini Mister and fill it 3/4 with water, add one scoop of Perfect Pearl powder (use a craft stick) and a bead to help mix it, shake and spray.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, Amy.
      I have some powder Perfect Pearls I got a looooong time ago and tried once so I wanted to use them this way if they'd work.
      I got some of those misters at Joanns with a 50% coupon this week.
      D-

      Delete