Pages

May 26, 2010

Sugar Sweet Paper Treats Victorian Challenge

So the first challenge over at the Sugar Sweet Paper Treats blog was to do something with a Victorian theme. Let me tell you this was not an easy thing for me. Having 2 boys and a husband there are not a whole lot of girlie things in my house, let alone anything Victorian. Thanks to the other ladies on the design team though I think I fumbled my way through it pretty well. Since my wedding pages are one of the few girlie things I get to do I figured that was a good place to start. All of the patterned papers are from Little Yellow Bicycle. I made the flowers by cutting a scalloped circle, misting it with water, pinching it in the middle and ruffling it out. Then attached a Prima flower and pearl brad to the top of it. The scalloped border on the bottom is an EK Success border punch and the "Bride" title is from K & Co. It's not the MOST Victorian project ever, but for not being my "thing" I thought it turned out pretty good. Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all of the other great projects on the SSPT blog.

4 comments:

  1. Amy it turned out beautiful! Very elegant and I love your flower. I love that border piece and the silver ribbon works perfectly!! Is that a diecut or is it from one of your cartridges?
    I've got to get busy with my nieces basketball layouts - not Victorian in any way shape or form (ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like to get the interested and informative material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Amy! You matched the pinks so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally beautiful layout Amy. I love everything about this sweet precious page. xx

    ReplyDelete