Pages

August 16, 2009

Distress To Impress

Last week I took my first ever class at the scrapbook store where I work. The owner (Sondra) was lucky enough to be able to attend Ranger U this year and learn techniques directly from Tim Holtz and other instructors. I had never done any kind of distressing so I thought this would be a good class for me to learn new techniques. We learned 6 different techniques using Tim Holtz's line of distress products and let me tell you I am now hooked! After learning the techniques our project was to complete a grunge board quilt. Of course I didn't finish mine that night, but I was so excited that I bought all the products and took it home to finish it. I am so happy with how it turned out and I'm thinking of doing a slightly different version as Christmas presents. All of the pieces are grunge board glued to a piece of heavy chipboard. All of the color was done using the distress inks and the blending tool or the distress crackle paint.

1 comment:

  1. Love the grunge quilt. I love all things Tim Holtz.

    ReplyDelete