Pages

July 14, 2009

My First Day!

So I finally found a new job that I think I am going to be very happy with. Today was my first day working at my local scrapbook store! Scrapper's Edge! You can check out the stores blog here http://blog.scrappersedge.net/ Even for a first day I was fairly busy. I put together a huge shadow box tribute for a local law enforcement officer, tried to familiarize myself with the store layout and inventory and helped out with a couple of printing jobs (the store also does printing and copying services). The shadow box was a little bit of a challenge since there were multiple badges, pins, patches and pictures, as well as a pen and set of handcuffs. I was pretty happy with the results and my new boss seemed to be as well. Tomorrow I will be learning more of the retail aspects which should come pretty easy since there is rarely huge differences in retail stores. I think this will be a job I can be happy with for quite a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment