Pages

April 2, 2009

Live Laugh Love

So the past few days I have been in the mood of all bad moods. It was like someone just sucked all the creativity and inspiration right out of me. Which was a really bad thing since I had not even started on my best friends birthday present and her birthday is today by the way. So yesterday I went and bought the things I needed and was determined to come home and work on it after the boys were in bed. Didn't happen. I had it all planned out that I was going to give it to her in the morning when she came over and then it all went out the window. So I worked on it today and being rushed seemed to make trying to be creative even harder. But in the end I finished it (about an hour ago) and it turned out pretty good I think. She loves it so I guess that's all that really matters. I'm always too critical of my own work.

Anyway, here are the pics. Its a 9x20 shadow box. I used a sheet of cardstock for one of the 12x24 packs of cardstock to cover the background and then cut the branches from Storybook. I cut the words "Live Laugh Love" from Home Accents out of Bazzill Bling card stock. The butterflies are from Indie Art and to make them dimensional I made 2 cuts, the first one regular and the second with the blackout feature. Then I glued them together at the body and folded the wings up on the top layer. I also added glitter (Scribbles paint) to the bodies.I cut the flowers from Plantin Schoolbook and layered them like the butterflies, but offset them so the petals would alternate.

2 comments:

  1. Of course your friend like it!! It's AMAZING! What a wonderful/thoughtful gift for your friend :) I agree with you, we are our own worst critics~that being said, YOU'VE GOT TALENT GIRL!! :)
    I love what you did, I hope your mood picks up and you can get back to what gives you some enjoyment in your day :) Love it!!!!
    ~Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What a lucky friend you have!!! If you can do that in a bad mood, I can't wait to see what you do in a good mood!!! haha
    Great job!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete