Pages

March 27, 2009

Paper Flowers Tutorial

A few days ago I posted these flowers that I made on the Cricut message board. I had so many people asking for instructions and if they could be made with other cartridges that I put together the following tutorial on how to make them. These particular ones I posted were made with the Wedding Solutions cartridge, but for the tutorial I used Plantin Schoolbook, Accent Essentials, and Graphically Speaking. Hope you enjoy them!

The first step is to cut out your flower in 1/4 inch intervals. I starter these at 21/2 inches and went down to 11/2 inches. The dark pink are from Plantin, the lavender are from Accent, and the light pink are from Graphically Speaking.

Next I inked the edges of each flower. I also inked the entire flower on the light pink ones.
After you have inked the edges I used a bone folder to curl each petal.

The lavender and light pink have the petals curved up and the dark pink petals are curled under
Next I used Glue Dots to stick the flowers together. Making sure to turn each layer so that the petals alternate.
This is what the flower should look like when all the layers have been put together
The light pink flower is a little more complex. To make the petals look right I squeezed them all together. Then fanned them out until it looked how I wanted it.
To make the centers for the light pink and lavender flowers I cut out three 1/2 inch circles and placed a glue dot in the center. then I fringe cut the edges and squeezed all the pieces together like the flower.
Next I used the end of my spatula to hold the center and ink the top
I placed it in the center of the flower and finished it with a little glitter in the middle
For the dark pink flower I punched a small circle and used a glue dot to adhere it to the center then cover it in glitter
And here are your finished flowers.

11 comments:

  1. WOW!! THese are gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing them. Pam from www.bigmamascraftroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Now I have to go make some... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are FANTASTIC!!!

    Not only bcause you made such beautiful gorgeous flowers but that you shared how you made them with us.

    Thank you so much :) I am definitely going to try this out.

    KT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for a great tutorial! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, you make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial! I love how you did the centers! I am going to have to try that! Also, I didn't realize the light pink flower was on the GS cart! You just saved me almost $20 because I was going to buy the Sizzix Bigz die Build A flower die that looked like that!

    GREAT JOB! They are fabulous!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the turorial. Looks like so so so much work. Thanks again. tacyn@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so pretty, I love that center. GREAT JOB and TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely flowers and a great tutorial, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tutotial. I love the flowers. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete